Guidelines for Invited Speakers
The following is provided to create a uniform experience and facilitate easy navigation of the www.tednets.com website and delivery of lectures thorough the service provider GoToMeeting.com
Please note the following:
1. Connection. Speakers are kindly requested to log on to system 15 minutes prior to lecture to ensure connectivity with target audience and address any last minute technical issues that may arise.
2. Dress Code. Business Causal, Scrubs and White Coat acceptable.
3. Presentation Time 30 Minutes and 10 Minutes for Q&A. Please keep you presentation to 30 minutes. There will be 10 minutes Q&A to follow the lecture. Lectures that are long could be presented in two separate sessions. Audience attention is best kept with shorter lectures.
4. Use Computer with Camera. Please use a computer or laptop that has a Camera. In order to be seen, your device must have a Camera in order for the audience at remote sites to see you.
5. System Training. It is important to train on the use of the GoToMeeting and understand how to operate the following points:
6. Close Unnecessary Computer Programs. Make sure you don't have any programs open other than GoToMeeting application and PowerPoint. Having many applications running would jeopardize the computer's speed and GoToMeeting program might crash and lead to an interruption of the lecture
7. Download GTM App the Day Before. Make sure to open the meeting link before the day of the lecture to make sure that GoToMeeting application has been downloaded.
8. Internet Explorer. It is preferable to open the link with Internet explorer rather than Google chrome.
9. Start Time and Log-on Time. It is essential that speakers log on 15 minutes before lecture start-time to ensure working out last minute technical issues.